Okay, Phoenix business owners, let us talk about security camera systems for a moment. Imagine waking up one morning to the shocking news that your business was broken into in the middle of the night. For any business owner not just in Phoenix that is a nightmare.
Luckily, GeekiTek offers supreme security camera systems paired with professional installation, so you can sleep better and dream of good things rather than the worst. One such security camera system is one of our PoE. Not familiar with it? Allow us to explain what it is and how you can benefit from it.
What is a PoE Security Camera System?
Let us break it down to the basics for you. PoE stands for Power over Ethernet and is powered through an ethernet (wired internet) connection and it brings many advantages to an installation. Imagine a control box (NVR box) with a cable that has a camera on its end. It is a pretty simple setup. The ethernet cable powers both the camera and recorder functions while transmitting live video to your monitor at the same time. It saves you time and gives you a cost savings by reducing the time and expense of having electrical power cabling installed, while providing safety to your equipment because PoE delivery is intelligent, and designed to protect network equipment from overload, under powering, or incorrect installation. Here are the many benefits to a PoE security system:
- Time and Cost Savings
- No need to run additional power for the cameras saving time and money
- Only one source of power is needed even with multiple cameras
- Reducing amount of cabling needed allowing faster installation at a lower cost.
- Data Speed
- PoE is ingrained in network connectivity because data speeds are constantly improving at a rapid rate
- PoE can deliver speeds up to 1Gbps using Cat5E and Cat6 and even more than twice as fast with the new IEEE 802.3bz standard
- More Flexibility
- By removing the need of separate AC power outlets you have the flexibility of placing security cameras anywhere in the most optional places with one single all weather network cable allowing placement high walls ceilings or even outdoor locations with ease giving you a more efficient surveillance network infrastructure and better performance.
- Scalability and Ease of Upgrade
- Having the ability to add, move, change, or even temporarily deploy security cameras easier and faster
- Easy to upgrade or scalability with a single PoE switch and a router, you can set up more cameras to monitor more ground without so many cords.
- If you are not concerned about maximizing coverage because you have a small space, a single POE system with no switch will protect your business just fine but still upgrade with ease
- Centralized Power Management
- PoE allows for a single centralized system that makes it easy to protect yourself with power outages but running a single UPS battery backup to keep your security systems recording in the event of a power outage
- Remote Access
- PoE systems allow for remote access using web-based interfaces and/or application to view real-time footage and control on any computer or mobile device anywhere and anytime
Why Your Business Needs a PoE System
Now that we have described what a PoE security camera system is, we can discuss why your business needs a PoE system. First, the obvious reason is to protect your valuable assets. Too many break-ins occur these days, so a security system will deter lurking criminals and offer your business protection if a burglar comes knocking. If someone does break in it gives you and the police at chance to the person responsible and a chance to recover what was stolen and have damages paid for.
PoE systems are also very simple compared to more complex surveillance. There are only a few components required, and everything runs off of an internet connection. This not only saves you money but also valuable time.
Another great benefit of having a PoE is the constant monitoring of your space. You can record live video and audio 24/7 and play it back when you want. Video footage does take up a lot of space, but the best POE systems will come with storage preinstalled.
Key Benefits Breakdown
For a quick recap of POE system benefits, read below.
- Ultimate simplicity
- Fewer cables than other surveillance systems
- Low Power Costs
- Flexible Installation Options
- Endless Coverage Expansion with Switches
- 24/7 Security Monitoring + Playback Options
- Remote Access
- Higher Resolution
- Ease of Upgrade
- Centralized Power Management
- Easier Maintenance
Why Should you opt for a PoE Security System
The benefits for a PoE security system are clear. To find the best POE security camera system in Phoenix, Arizona, consult with your local tech professionals at GeekiTek. Their team will get your business set up for success by installing your very own POE surveillance system. Make the safe choice; protect your business now.